Friday, October 30, 2009

Seven Years Without You




It’s now been seven long years,
Long done with the pain and the tears.
With each year, my broken heart is getting better healed,
And I'm getting used to your vacant space that can't be filled.
Although there might not be tears in my eyes anymore,
My wounded heart still remains very delicate and sore.
I really don't wanna complain,
But it hurts that the scar will always remain.
I don't know if I should call it the past,
Or the past that will always last.


I remembered when I kissed you and said good-bye,
Never knew I would never again get chance to say hi.
It all happened like a dream,
I didn't know if I should cry, be calm or scream.
You owned the most special place in my heart,
I never thought or imagined anything could tear us apart.
During my exams you would smile and say good luck,
The sound of that makes my confidence as solid as a rock.
You were my greatest inspiration,
And being like you was my aspiration.


I know that one day we will see again face to face.
I believe you have only been moved from this phase to a better place.
A place where there is no more sorrow, sickness or pain,
Wearing a white robe like the angels, having no blemish or stain.
Rejoicing with the angels in the brightness as of the sun,
And beautifully smiling down at your dearly beloved son.
Someday we will be together again, and all we have lost, we will re-gain.
Until then, I will continue to cherish the moments we spent together,
I am so honoured that God gave me a saint like you as a mother.
Seven years without you have only been possible by God's love and grace.


In loving memory of my late beloved mother,
Omolara Aderenle Akintokun-Shittu
(April 19 1952 - Feb. 15, 2002)
May She continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord.


I LOVE AND MISS YOU LOADS!!!


(c) DK.... Feb2009

2 comments:

  1. oh dk, i am really really in the same mood as u were when you were penning this write up...comfort bro ,comfort in the loving arms of the FATHER.

    ReplyDelete