Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fear & Mistakes



I have always nurtured a fear,
A fear that I now wish to share,
Share with anyone who will care,
And help me with this burden I bare.
I scream that someone might hear,
Coz I can’t just fold my arms and stare.


I am so scared of making mistakes,
And a mediocre is what that makes.
The reason my decisions take long,
Is the fear of getting things wrong.
But then it is always better to try,
Than not to try at all and then cry.


Mistakes are not instruments of failure,
But tools with which to build success.
A mistake is like a teacher,
It makes one wiser and better.
Mistakes are simply inevitable,
But they make one accountable.


Fear does nothing good but to limit,
It Limits and condemns one to defeat.
Fear does nothing than to minimize,
To minimize the potentials meant to rise.
Fear is like an isolating prison or cage,
That keeps its host locked in bondage.


Fear only cripples your decision,
But indecision is also a decision.
Being fearful isn’t being careful.
Instead trust in the Lord and be prayerful.
Knowing that even when things go wrong,
They are still working together for good.


© DK, October 09

No comments:

Post a Comment