Thursday, February 17, 2011

After Nine Years



How fast time flies right before one's eyes,
It's already being nine years to my surprise.
Nine years of living my life without you,
Nine years of living memories about you.


Here I stand staring at your photograph,
Just like the celebrity I wish to get her autograph.
But an autograph is nothing compared to my dream,
And my dear wish that I could see you once again.


Some say I should have gotten over it after nine years,
That I should have been done with the pain & tears.
But how can a hungry man be happy if he's not fed?
How can a longing soul be glad unless it's been satisfied?


My heart hasn't stopped outpouring fountain of your love,
Even though you've been away; somewhere up above.
My body & soul just wonders what it feels like again,
To be wrapped around you in a nice, warm embrace.


I must confess that I'm envious of the Angels right now,
Coz for the past nine years, they've been enjoying you,
But then, I remembered that I had you for about eighteen,
Therefore, I have had double the grace they currently do.


Who would forget your beautiful, soft and thin voice?
I'm sure it harmonies with that of the Angels in Heaven.
After carefully thinking I say... "Why shouldn't I rejoice,
When I have someone watching over me from Heaven?


As you look down right now, I hope you are proud of me,
I hope your heart rejoices in the courageous son you see,
That your little boy is becoming the man you wanted him to be.
Oh what a joy it would be to know that you don't disagree.


Nine years could be seen as a long or short while,
But it's long enough for me to miss your lovely smile.
Regardless of all, I'm happy to say that after year #9,
I'm still going on stronger and I'm doing perfectly fine.


© DK, December 2010



In loving memory of my late beloved mother,
Omolara Aderenle Akintokun-Shittu
(April 19 1952 - Feb. 15, 2002)
May She continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord.



I LOVE AND MISS YOU LOADS!!!

2 comments:

  1. DK you'll always have all of us, your light shines on everyone you meet and I can only assume that was given to yo by your mother soo she lives on with you my friend. From: Freedom

    ReplyDelete