Friday, February 4, 2011

You Said




I remember when you said to me,
That in your arms is where I should be,
That I’m safe right there in those big arms.
Though the enemy attacks with fierce arms,
And builds up deadly devices to hurt & harm,
I’d always be protected in the center of your palm.



You said I should wipe away my tears,
That the silent cries of my heart you hear.
You said you see, you know & you care,
That in my sorrow & pain you also share.
You told me to cast upon you my burdens & fears,
And take on me the easy & light one you bare.



You said the scary giant I saw, I will see no more,
That you can do it again just like you did before.
You said you would turn my tears into laughter,
And my tests will become testimonies right after.
You said I should be strong & keep my head up high,
Looking beyond the hills, the mountains & the sky.



You said my Lebanon will become a fruitful field,
That you will be the strength of my heart & my shield.
You said my fruitful field will then become a thick forest,
And as long as I stayed with you my soul will find rest.
You said since I trusted in you, I wouldn’t be put to shame,
For shame isn’t the portion of those who trust in your name.



You said you were working it out, although I couldn’t see it,
I thought... how can I believe you are, when I can not see it?
Then you said, blessed are those that haven’t seen but believed,
That it’s because of unbelief, the ancient men never received.
Therefore, I decided to trust & now that I think about it,
You have brought to pass every little thing YOU SAID.



© DK, January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment