Monday, July 4, 2011

Facing My Nemesis



Oh No! There she comes again,
Bringing with her my misery & pain.
I better run before she drives me insane,
If she gets me, she will shorten wires in my brain,
She’ll perforate my little confidence & make it drain,
Then stick around to torment like a stubborn stain.
I guess should handle this as a man & not complain,
She shouldn’t always chase me in like a heavy rain,
But how & to whom would I be able to explain,
That a skinny girl knocks me down like a train?


Now I gotta get my body & soul together,
I gotta handle this shit a whole lot better,
Remembering the words of my sweet mother,
“Face your fears & be a winner, not a quitter”,
But what does mama know about a brother,
And how it feels seeing sexy eyes that glitter,
Altering his brain box: Putting it out of order?
I have to get it together & boldly step up to her,
Warn her intensely to stop being a heart-eater,
Before she would be held responsible for murder.


Dang! I think I have already had enough,
Now it’s time to man up & be tough!
Clears throat… It’s practise not a cough,
I hope my practised deep voice pays off.
I’m just gonna wait for her here in the sun,
I hope I won’t regret this after all is said & done,
I shouldn’t! I thought about this for over a week,
As she’s stepping closer & closer I’m getting weak,
Now I’m shivering in the sun, I think I’m sick.
I guess I’ll just do this on another day.


© DK, June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment