Monday, July 4, 2011

My Best Friend & I



Unmerited favour,
Giving rest from labour.
Lifting the weak & lowly,
Transporting him to glory,
This is my story…


Forgotten & totally lost,
He located & found me out.
He came to saved me at no cost,
Saying the price had been paid,
Paid for in some life for life trade.


So a king’s life instantly became mine,
And my old life was taken away & buried.
All of a sudden my life became so fine,
That Beauty & I eventually got married,
With Favour & Glory also joining in to dine.


He gradually became my true & best friend,
And I get better with every moment we spend.
For me, it’s no more pains: No more struggles,
Because at points where another fails & fumbles,
He comfortably carries me over on his shoulder.


I asked & he told him his name was Grace!
I knelt to say thank you, as I referentially lowered my face,
Then he said it wasn’t him, who deserved the praise,
Coz it was his assigned duty to help me in my race,
And to take me to the Master’s intended place.


I asked him if he would leave me, if I messed up,
He said there is more than enough of him to clean it up.
I asked if he would do the same for my family & friends,
And he said it would be his pleasure to be there for them,
But they should turn to the master to send him to them.


© DK, June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment