Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am a Student




I am a student,
And life is my classroom.
My experiences are my teachers,
And my friends are my classmates.
My mind is the blackboard,
My heart is my note book.
The word is my text book,
And my prayer is my ruler.
My mistakes are my sharpeners,
And my good deeds are my pencils.
The skin I have on me is my uniform,
My challenges are my examinations,
My failures are my home work,
My successes are my promotions,
And God is the able school principal.





As long as I remain in this mortal flesh,
And breathe this nasty air some call fresh,
I will! Yes, I will always remain a student,
For my skin is the uniform that qualifies me.
So as long as I live, I’ll open myself up to learn,
Just like I did as a little boy in that classroom.
I’m seated, focused with my notebook & pen,
That I might have the best of grades to earn,
Knowing that failure to learn ends in doom.
Just like my long 30cm ruler back in the day,
My prayers straighten up my life’s pathway.
My experiences & mistakes makes me wiser,
And their corrections make my life even nicer.
Therefore, I will keep working tirelessly hard,
Like the good student I have been called to be.





© DK, October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment